Friday, September 14, 2007

Thank You for the Cross, Lord.

Last week, we had a Stay out Encounter for our youths (below 17). It was the 1st time we were having a Stay out Encounter. I was somewhat excited and curious to see how the sessions were going to structured. More than that I was praying that God would touch and transform the youths that were coming for the camp. I went there as a guide for 3 of my brothers' guys and 2 of my guys.

- God is good all the time
One of my guys, before the camp was telling me that he wants to know God more but not going to be a Christian. He had said the sinner's prayer during the 100k Miracle Catch. But he insisted that he is not a Christian. But during the camp, he proclaimed that he is a Christian. He told me that he wanted to doing that was not right (outside encounter time), but somehow he knew it was wrong and did not do it. I told that God has given him power over sin. He can now choose say No to sin because of Jesus...

At the end of the encounter, all of them said they experienced God in way like never before. When I told them to rate their experiences, most of them gave 10. And that they have never experienced God in such a manner before. Truly, God is good all the time. Although, I felt the time spent to minister to them was much lesser compared to the Stay in Encounter camp. God works in ways we can't comprehend. God made an appointment with every individual and met them there.

- Generations are rising up
I was very blessed to have George, a 13 yr old in my group. Something beautiful took place during one of the last few sessions when we were praying for them to receive spiritual gifts. At that moment when I was praying for one of my guys, I saw George gently moved over to one of my other guy to pray for him. He was even checking with the other guy if he received the gift of tongues and kept on praying and encouraging him. It was as though someone had taught him how to do it. But this young christian most probably caught the spirit of it just by seeing others. It was really a beautiful sight. I felt the Lord telling me ' See the generations rising up to take their place'.

Before the Testimony time, I encouraged Ernest (15yr old) to share his testimony with the rest of the participants. During thanksgiving, he went up with me. While we were waiting for his turn, he told me that the last time he gave Thanksgiving was during our tribe camp07 and that now is the 2nd time. He told me that he was nervous and would never really do it. However when he took the mike and fluently spoke about God's goodness during the sessions. Looking back in time. I saw how far he has come in Christ.
A Brave boy. A Mighty God.

Oh, How Awesome and Amazing!

Narash

No comments: