Thursday, November 08, 2007

Going Back to Our Roots


Interesting to see the positive responses posted in the Tag Board regarding the Chinese and Hokkien worship songs put up in our tribe blog. These are the language of our hearts, aren’t they?

Though we have been very effective in using English to communicate, the language of our hearts is very much rooted back to our culture; where we belong.

No man is an island; we belong to a family, a community, a people group. [...]

Acts 17:26 : From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
Where we are born is determined by God, which race we belong is also planned by Him. We need to thank God for the ethnic group that we comes from.


Why do we need to embrace our roots? I think the answer very clearly stated in vs. 27

26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

Our God is so marvelous, isn’t He? Even through our roots, He wants to bring us back to Him.
As we enjoy these worship songs, let’s learn to praise God in these languages. Learn to use the correct phrases so that when we share with our parents, grandparents, our people group about Jesus, we can use the language of their hearts.

Our parents need to know that Jesus is not just the Lord of the “Ang Moh”. He is the Lord of the Chinese, the Lord of the Indian, The LORD OF ALL.

( PS: So Narash and Jedd should consider Joshua’s suggestions seriously, to look out for worship songs in your Indian language. If cannot find, can consider to WRITE…)

Just to share with you a song written from Ps 139:1-10. May the words of Lord speaks to us.



展开清晨的翅膀
(
赞美之泉系列)

主耶和华,你已经鉴察了我。

我坐下,我起来,你都已晓得。

我行路,我躺卧,你都细察,你也深知我一切所行。

我舌头上的话,你没有一句不知道。


你在我前后环绕着我,按手在我身上。

这样的奇妙,是我不能测透,

你的至高你的尊贵,是我永远不能所及。

我可以往哪里去躲避你的灵?


我可以往哪里去逃,可躲避你的面?


我若展开清晨的翅膀飞到地极,就在那里,

你的双手也必引导我


O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,

Even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.



Sook San
Ps Jo's 12

No comments: