Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Ministry Room Training's Reflections

Some of us had a ministry room training from 19th to 21st Oct 2007. It was a real blessing to have gone for it. And personally I have learnt alot from it. Today, Ms Ong Lay Ching would like to share some of her reflections on it. I hope it would bless your heart as you read it as it did for me. - Narash

I thank God for the opportunity to attend the training to be equipped for ministry room service. It was more than a refresher course because God reminded me yet again of the importance of living my life based on the word of God through pastor Seng Lee, especially since we are living in the last days where godlessness prevails.

I could also identify that I am living in the season where God is internalizing His word in my life through the various challenges He has allowed to happen in my life. I am certainly grateful to Him or else the truths that I learn from Him will simply remain as head knowledge. He is helping me to walk the talk and to act on His word so that truly I can become more like Him and to reflect His glory even more. [...]

The importance of abiding in the Lord in John 15. God is very concerned with our being more than our acts of service. As we abide in Him, then can we bear fruit, fruit that will last.

The importance of choosing to forgive is reinforced by pastor Seng Lee during the time of training. I believe this is not just for ministry team members but for every believer of Christ. It was during this timing that I complete the reading of “Total Forgiveness” by RT Kendall. God’s timing is really divine. According to RT Kendall, there are different levels of forgiveness. The first level is choosing to forgive but there exists the next level which involves blessing the person.

What’s my application? Daily, I have been praying to commit to God my commitment to forgive the offenders in my life and as the Spirit of God tutors me, I am learning to move to the next level-that is to be committed to blessing them daily in Jesus’ name in my prayer time. Interestingly, this concurs with the teaching of pastor Jo. The more we pray for our offenders, the less angry we will feel towards them because God has come into the picture.
Thanks be to God for all that He is teaching me!



Ong Lay Ching
Ps Jo's 12

No comments: