Sunday, April 12, 2009

Session 11, Pastor Lawrence Khong

Paradigm Shift -> How to do evangelism? (PART 2) – cont’d from Session 9

3. EQUIPMENT – are we equipped?

§ Put everyone in cell groups – in a community of love and protection

§ Each of us should have a personal testimony to share

§ Share the John 3:16 diagram

§ Everyone should know the simplest prayer to lead people to the Lord

4. GET GOING – how do I get it going and keep it going?

§ Initiate a structure, environment and culture

o Focus of evangelism should be built AROUND THE HARVEST CYCLES:

§ April – “Let’s have a Good Friday!” (CELLS)

§ May – “QQS and banquet for internationals” (BLESSING)

§ August – show? (CELEBRATION)

§ December – “I’ll be home for Christmas” / “My Hope Singapore” (CHRISTMAS)

§ Give a nudge to leadership and planning

Photo3 by you.

5. FINALLY – there is a need to unlearn the “E” word…

§ Matthew 4:18, 19 “…They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 Come follow me and I’ll make you fishers of men”

§ Matthew 13:47, 48 “… the Kingdom of heaven is LIKE A NET that was let down” – so that we can have all kinds of people in our community, because God loves all Man, and not just a certain category of people.i

§ “I caught ya!” / “I got ya!” à SCARY YA KNOW!

§ Evangelism is the work of community, not some hunting game!

No comments: