Sunday, April 05, 2009

Session 6: Life Through the Spirit, Live In the Spirit (Sarah Castellanos)

Moving in the spirit = to die to your own desires

3 things the Holy Spirit give us:
1. Purpose
2. Strength
3. (eh, not mentioned?)

Romans 8:9-10 “You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.”

When you go through hard times, just rest in God -> then you’ll see the miracle.

Rest in God = trust Jesus = knowing He has everything under control!

You might feel discouraged and feel like giving up = this is normal! However, you should NOT really give up! Press on NOT depending on your own strength but on God's strength.

3 issues that prevent us from going in the Spirit and doing God’s work:
1. Thinking that God will use someone else better, not me!
2. Thinking that God will never use me given that I am nothing at all!
3. Using my own strength instead of depending / resting in God!

Know that God’s love and blood NEVER FAILS, because IT IS DONE at the cross…

1 comment:

Jez said...

Nice post.
I thought I wasn't listening very well that I missed to hear the third thing the Spirit gives. hehe. So maybe she skipped it for some reasons, eh?

Anyway, I believe her name doesn't have an "H". It should be just Sara.