Friday, March 21, 2008

The Divine Exchange



Tonight was the first night of Sanctification Week. SP shared what I believe is a very important and timely word for us at FCBC. Teaching from Exodus 33, SP share how it was possible for us as a church to be growing and becoming very successful, yet God's presence is not with us because we are "stiff-necked" and stubborn to obey Him. He challenged us if we were willing to give up everything else just so we may yearn for the presence of God. Personally, I was very touched by the word. I made that decision today to tell God "Yes." It doesn't matter anymore whether I become good in my job, whether I excel to the best of my potential professionally, whether I am recognised by people for having contributed to the community, whether I can do great things for Singapore and my church and ministry. These are all things that are important to me and still are. In a way, I thought they defined who I was, as a successful Christian. But I came to realise none of these matter if God's presence is not with me. I can achieve all that and be proud that I have "done it" but God is not with me as I have placed all these things above wanting Him. Today, I made the choice to want Him more than anything else. Even at the expense of my "success". They are of no value if Christ is not with me. And you what, as I responded to God with that heart of brokenness, He allowed me to encounter the Holy Spirit like never before. As I died to Him once more, I felt the Lord lead me to enter deeper into His presence.

If you were not here tonight, make sure you don't miss the next 2 days. I know the Lord is doing something NEW in FCBC. He has already started tonight and you don't want to miss out on it. Cancel whatever you can and come and meet Him. I guess I understand what it means a little more that "one day in the courts of the Lord is better than a thousand else where". But don't take my words for it. Come and experience God for yourself. You need to. If I may be a little blunt in my encouragement, don't waste your time elsewhere. Come and meet God. And may your life be transformed.


Joshua Teo

No comments: