Wednesday, April 02, 2008

After the 40 Days - How then shall I live?

Sermon Points
1. Prioritize worship - Acknowledge His Lordship

2. Pursue Reconciliation – Appreciate His Discipline
3. Persist in Prayer – Appropriate His Promise

Verses
Exodus 33 –Moses’ prayer on God’s presence.
Exodus 33: 15 Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
Numbers 14:34 – 40 years in the wilderness
Rev 3:15-16 – Lukewarmness of God’s church

Golden lines
What began as a season must then become a lifestyle
Hide Nothing from God and God will hide nothing from you. [+]

My takeaways
For the 2nd time this week, I feel so blessed by church (FCBC), indeed out pastors and spiritual leaders are always pointing us back to God. On thur’s sanctification service (Chinese) , I felt like I fell I love with God again. Then Pastor Khong shared too about Moses’ prayer. And there and then, my prayer to God was indeed that, I want both God’s presence and His blessings. But if I have to choose, I’d choose His presence. And incidentally, I'm now reading Brother Lawrence’s writing on “Practising the Presence of God”. I’ll quote a few lines from this simple man below.

That he expected, after the happiness God had given him, that he would experience pain and suffering, but he had not worried about it, knowing well that since he could do nothing by himself, God would not fail to give him the strength to bear the pain and suffering.

Then when the occasion arose to practice some virtue he always said to God:”My God, I cannot do this unless u enable me to do so” and he was immediately given the strength needed, and even more.

That when he stumbled, he simple acknowledged his fault and said to God:” I shall never do otherwise if u leave me to myself; it is up to you to keep me from falling and to correct what is wrong.” With this he put the pain of this fault from his mind.


-‘The Practice of the Presence of God-brother Lawrence of the resurrection

My conclusion?
That worship, reconciliation and prayer like what Ps Eugene says , must become part of our lifestyle, the way we live, to be in constant fellowship and presence with the Almighty. To me, that is the beauty of knowing God.



Cynthia
Sook San's Subtribe

No comments: